UM Multi-Disciplinary Studies Orientation
We’re excited you’ll be joining the Ole Miss family this fall! We hope Orientation is providing you with great information about what to expect at the University of Mississippi and how to prepare for your first semester.
While the Office of Admissions is giving you an overview of what it means to be a Rebel, our responsibility is to set you up for a high-quality academic experience and prepare you for your first academic advising session.
We’ve prepared information below for both incoming freshman and students transferring from another institution. Follow the steps for your situation before your scheduled advising appointment and you should be set to enroll in your first semester at UM.
STEP 1: Watch these informational videos in order to learn more about MDS at Ole Miss.
- Welcome from the Dean—Overview of the MDS Degree Program [Video]
- Degree Requirements for Multi-Disciplinary Studies: Flexibility within a Framework [Video]
- A Map to Advising for the MDS Degree Program [Video]
- Transfer Equivalency Reports [Video]
STEP 2: Complete the MDS Program Application and return to your academic advisor via email. This application outlines the 3 minors you have selected to build your MDS program and helps advisors draw up the degree plan that will be used during your advising appointment.
STEP 3: Take a look at the standard MDS Degree Checklist for your 4-year outline. Write down any questions you may have about the degree plan in preparation for meeting with your advisor.
STEP 4: Meet with your advisor
- You’ll receive an email invitation prior to your appointment time via your @go.olemiss.edu account.
- Your advisor will help you select courses from the MDS curriculum and also help you register for classes.
Need additional information?
These links might help:
- Important Things to Know About MDS
- List of Minors
- MDS Website
- Academic Calendar
- Credit by examination
- Orientation/Parent Programs
- Orientation FAQs
- FASTrack (for freshmen only)
- JumpStart (for freshmen only)
Still have questions?
For everything else, complete our form and we’ll get back to you via email.